Syfy’s critically-acclaimed time-travel thriller 12 MONKEYS returns for its second season on Monday, April 18 at 9PM ET/PT with 13 all-new episodes. Aaron Stanford (James Cole), Amanda Schull (Dr. Cassandra Railly), Kirk Acevedo (Ramse), Barbara Sukowa (Katarina Jones), Emily Hampshire (Jennifer Goines) and Todd Stashwick (Deacon) once again star in the drama from co-creators Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett (“Nikita”).
12 MONKEYS follows the journey of James Cole (Aaron Stanford), a man from 2043 sent back in time to stop a malevolent organization known as the Army of the 12 Monkeys from destroying the world. Joining forces with Dr. Cassandra Railly (Amanda Schull) here in the present day, Cole must untangle an insidious conspiracy that’s been spun throughout centuries. As Cole, Dr. Railly and their unlikely allies get closer to discovering the truth, they will learn that there are not only deadly consequences for mankind… but time itself.
Season 2 will feature acclaimed guest stars including:
- Madeleine Stowe (star of the “Twelve Monkeys” film) as Lillian, a mental patient in the 1950s who has a major impact on Cole’s mission.
- Michael Hogan (“Battlestar Galactica”) as Dr. David Eckland, a charismatic and intelligent scientist from the future with a connection to Jones.
- Brendan Coyle (“Downtown Abbey”) as Dr. Benjamin Kalman, a former bioengineer racked with guilt over the deadly virus his team gave birth to.
- Jay Karnes (“The Shield”) as a savvy FBI agent in the 1940s named Robert Gale, who believes Cole is connected to a series of grisly murders.
- David Dastmalchian (“Marvel’s Ant-Man”) as Kyle Slade, a Vietnam vet whose mind is connected to time itself.
- David Marciano (“Homeland”) as NYPD detective John Damato, who’s pulled into the 1975 case of a serial killer affiliated with the Army of the 12 Monkeys.
- Xander Berkeley (“The Walking Dead”) returns as the tragic military leader Jonathan Foster who ran the Government’s final hope to combat the plague that destroyed the world.