Salt Lake Comic Con Is Baaack! With Great Success Comes Great Responsibility
-Norman Reedus from AMC’s “The Walking Dead(TM)” to headline initial celebrity guest list of Salt Lake Comic Con’s FanXperience; Producers expect over 100,000 attendees for the April 2014 Event –
Dan Farr Productions DBA, Salt Lake Comic Con (SLCC) (http://saltlakecomiccon.com/) announced today it will hold two Comic Con events in 2014, including a 2014 Salt Lake Comic Con FanXperience (FanX) on April 17-19, 2014 and the Second Annual Salt Lake Comic Con 2014 on September 4-6, 2014.
The decision to produce two events in 2014 was based on overwhelming fan response to the SOLD OUT September 2013 inaugural event.
Norman Reedus, star of the hit series The Walking Dead(TM), will headline the initial celebrity guest list at April’s 2014 FanX. Reedus will be joined at FanX by Walking Dead co-star Chandler Riggs, Brent Spiner and Marina Sirtis from Star Trek: The Next Generation(TM), Kelly Hu from X2:X-Men United(TM) and Adam Baldwin of Firefly. Over 100 additional celebrities and guests will be announced between now and the April event.
“Fans in and around Utah have spoken and made it clear that one event a year is not enough,” said Dan Farr, Salt Lake Comic Con Show Producer. “This FanX will build upon the accomplishments of the first Comic Con and has expanded into virtually the entire Salt Palace Convention Center. With continued support from the fans we can rival the largest Comic Cons in North America.”
Tickets for the 2014 FanX are available today on the Salt Lake Comic Con Website. All ticket sales between now and December 31, 2013 will include a special early supporters discount for those that purchased tickets last year. For the first time, Military personnel, First Responders and Senior Citizens will receive discounts on all tickets. Additionally, for tickets purchased prior to December 31, 2013 children age 10 and under will be free of charge with all adult tickets purchased, limit two kids per adult ticket.
In addition to more space at the Salt Palace, FanX will incorporate key additions to its program, including:
- Kid Con Pavilion. The Kid Con Pavilion will focus on entertainment and activities specifically designed for families and children.
- More Cosplay events: There will be additional Cosplay Contests, photo areas, and some first of their kind activities to take Cosplay to a whole new level.
- More social activities. Including robust interactive panels, Q&A’s with celebrity panelists, speed dating, social media groups and expanded areas for attendees to take pictures and socialize with fans with similar interests.
- More entertainment. More shows within the show like last years’ Jedi Mind Tricks Comedy Show and Evil Dead Musical as well as special celebrity Meet and Greet events.
- Longer hours. Nearly a half-day more of open hours over the course of the three-day event.
- Expanded VIP experiences and benefits. VIPs will have greater access to celebrities, fastpass lines, preferred seating in panels, early show entry and much more.
The inaugural Salt Lake Comic Con was held September 5-7, 2013. It was:
- The largest first time Comic Con in North American history.
- The largest convention ever in the state of Utah with over 72,000 attendees.
- SOLD OUT with more than 52,000 ticket sales.
- Ranks among the top 4 attended Comic Cons in North America. Recently the Salt Lake Comic Con Facebook page became the most popular fan page of any Utah company based on fan engagement.
For more information about Salt Lake Comic Con and to buy tickets, check out the Salt Lake Comic Con website.