The emails from New York Comic-Con have picked up this past week. It’s not a surprise with the schedule finally being released and more guests being announced. If you look at those emails carefully though you’ll find all kind of interesting information. Like what? How about information on free autograph tickets! In years past, the lines to get autographs have become more and more “San Diego” like, with people camping out and lining up at the crack of dawn. It sounds like NYCC is trying to help calm that down. Here’s what you need to know!
How does it work?
- On Wednesday, September 25 at 12:00 PM EDT, head on over to NYCC’s Facebook page and check out the Free Private Autographing Tickets tab (located below our cover photo).
- Pick which Autographing session you would like a shot at attending and click “Am I the winner?”
- You will instantly find out if you got a free autograph ticket or not. If you’re not a winner, don’t worry! Check back soon for the second round of Free Private Autograph Ticket announcements.
If you are a winner, woo-hoo! Congrats! You MUST print out your confirmation page and bring both your confirmation as well as a valid photo-ID and a valid NYCC badge for the day of the autographing to NYCC during the time of your private autographing.
Easy enough, right? You can “Like” them here. The first round of giveaways will include:
- Robot Chicken – for session on Saturday, October 12
- The Venture Bros. – for session on Saturday, October 12
- Person of Interest – for session on Sunday, October 13
- The Following – for session on Sunday, October 13
Please remember, you need to have a badge in order to take part and your badge needs to be for that day. If you have a Saturday badge only and the session you want is on Sunday, you’re out of luck. Out of the current list, I’m interested in “Person of Interest” and “The Following.” There’s a second session planned as well but right now there’s nothing listed.
Here’s some more fine print:
- You MUST have a valid NYCC Badge for the day of the Private Autographing Session you win. E.g. If you won an autographing ticket for Saturday, October 12, only a Saturday, 3-Day, 4-Day or VIP Ticket holder can win; if an autograph ticket is for Sunday, October 13 only a Sunday, 3-day, 4-day or VIP Ticket holder can win.
- If you do not have a valid NYCC Badge for the day of the Private Autograph Session, you will forfeit your Private Autograph Ticket. If you can’t get into the building then you can’t get an autograph. Pretty simple.
- Private Autograph Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- You will not be able to claim your Autograph Ticket onsite at NYCC without a valid photo-ID and a valid NYCC badge for the day of the autographing.