Just when you thought it was safe, San Diego Comic-Con has announced that hotels will open up February 26th. I hope you recovered from the badge frenzy!
Important note: We are offering this “sneak peek” at the hotels in our block and their rates and shuttle availability, but HOTEL RESERVATIONS DO NOT OPEN UNTIL February 26, 2013 at 9::00 AM Pacific Time (12:00 PM Eastern time). You cannot request your hotel through the Comic-Con reservation service at these special rates until then. This information is presented early to allow you to be better prepared when the reservation process goes live on that day.
As everyone knows from past experience, Comic-Con’s discounted hotel rates means rooms sell out very quickly. This year we have come up with a number of solutions that we think will help the reservation process:
• In an effort to equalize the amount of time each participant spends on the request form, a total of 6 hotel choices will be required. No participant can provide more, or less, than 6 hotel choices.
• There are more hotel rooms available than ever before. Most of them are on the Comic-Con Shuttle routes.
• Once confirmed, all hotel reservations will require a deposit of two night’s room and tax for each room booked. This will encourage people to release unwanted rooms in advance so people on the wait list can reserve them.
• Hotel reservation deposits are fully refundable until April 30, 2013.
• For cancellations received from May 1 to June 1, 2013, a cancellation fee equal to one night’s room and tax will be charged. The cancellation fee will be deducted from your deposit.
• Starting on June 2, 2013, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NONREFUNDABLE.
Here is the PDF that features a sneak peak at the hotels and rates. It includes information about shuttles and distance from the convention center as well.
One thing you’ll notice is that this year you only have six choices. I believe in years past you could select up to 12. Well, why are you still reading this? You need to go research hotels!