Pop culture news site IGN is once again bringing the heat to San Diego this summer! Starting next Thursday, July 12th, and running all weekend alongside the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con, IGN will have a number of public and private off-site events that will keep fans talking. Looking at the list below it is apparent that IGN looks poised to continue their reign as the hottest content provider at Comic-Con.
Check out their plans and drop some comments on what you are looking forward to.
IGN @ Comic-Con July 12 – 15, 2012
IGN Oasis: Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio at 207 Fifth Avenue.
Destination IGN: Samsung GALAXY S III “Meet & Play” Event, Thursday & Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the 1st floor, and Nissan’s “Gran Turismo Academy,” Friday & Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on the 2nd floor. Both at Destination IGN, located at Jolt’n Joe’s on 379 4th Avenue, between J & K Streets.
IGN’s The Expendables 2 party with Lionsgate: Thursday, July 12 at Hard Rock Hotel’s FLOAT nightclub at 207 Fifth Avenue. Invitation only.
IGN’s Resident Evil 6 party with Capcom: Thursday, July 12 at Hard Rock Hotel’s Woodstock lawn at 207 Fifth Avenue. Invitation only.
Panels with IGN editors: Thursday through Saturday. Details below.
- IGN Oasis – The place to be on Thursday and Saturday for Comic-Con attendees and IGN fans, the IGN Oasis, presented by AXE Hair, is the perfect venue to chill out at, play the #1 most anticipated Indie game Hawken, get limited edition t-shirts, create and share fun photos, enter to win prizes, and meet special guests. Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio.
- Celebrity Meet Ups, Signings & More! (Additional signings to be announced.)
- THURSDAY: Join IGN for an exclusive filming of “Up at Noon,” the most-watched show on IGN’s “START” YouTube channel, starring the one-and-only GREG MILLER. Visit the IGN Oasis at The Hard Rock’s 207 bar and patio EARLY for a chance to be part of the in-studio audience. Thursday, July 12, 12:30 p.m. at Hard Rock Hotel’s FLOAT nightclub.
o THURSDAY: Meet JACE HALL, the star, producer and writer of the popular online series, The Jace Hall Show on IGN/START. Pick up a pair of limited-edition 3D glasses to watch the show’s newest season, which launches Wednesday, July 11th in 3D. Thursday, July 12, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m., at Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio.
o THURSDAY: Meet talent from the hilarious upcoming action/comedy HIT & RUN, including writer/director and co-star DAX SHEPARD, along with on-screen talent TOM ARNOLD and JOY BRYANT. Thursday, July 12, from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio. HIT & RUN races into theaters everywhere on August 24.
- SATURDAY: Meet the forces behind the all-new bug-splattering CG movie, STARSHIP TROOPERS: INVASION,including producers CASPER VAN DIEN and EDWARD NEUMEIER and director SHINJI ARAMAKI. Saturday, July 14, from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., at Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio.
- SATURDAY: Meet the writers and faces of IGN – GREG MILLER, DAEMON HATFIELD, NAOMI KYLE, and more – at an invitation-only happy hour, presented by AXE Hair. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older.Saturday, July 14, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Hard Rock Hotel’s 207 bar and outside patio.
- Destination IGN: Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Jolt’n Joe’s on 379 4th Avenue, between J & K Streets.
o THURSDAY AND FRIDAY: Samsung GALAXY S III’s “Meet & Play” Event. Meet the top professional fighting gamers, get tutorials and play against them in head-to-head battles. Thursday, July 12 and Friday, July 13 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Destination IGN at Jolt’n Joe’s on the 1st floor.
o FRIDAY AND SATURDAY: Nissan’s “Gran Turismo Academy.” Watch 32 of the top Gran Turismo pros race to win a spot as a professional racecar driver for a year. Enter the Racer X challenge to become the wildcard player at the IGN Oasis on Thursday, July 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Your high score could knock out one of the top 32 for your chance to win! Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Destination IGN at Jolt’n Joe’s on the 2nd floor.
- IGN’s The Expendables 2 party with Lionsgate – IGN celebrates Comic-Con with Lionsgate for the upcoming release of The Expendables 2 in an invitation-only party at Hard Rock Hotel’s FLOAT nightclub. Special celebrity guests include talent from the film and other Hollywood stars, who will walk the red carpet on Thursday, July 12.
- IGN’s Resident Evil 6 party with Capcom – IGN and Capcom celebrate the upcoming launch of Resident Evil 6 in an invitation-only party at Hard Rock Hotel’s Woodstock lawn on Thursday, July 12.
- Panels – IGN editors will moderate and participate in several panels during Comic-Con, including:
o Beyond: Two Souls: A New Breed of Interactive Storytelling from Writer/Director David Cage of Quantic Dream (featuring Academy Award nominee Ellen Page)
Moderated by IGN PlayStation Executive Editor, Greg Miller
Thursday, July 12 from 12 to 1 p.m. in Room 25ABC
o The Expendables 2 Real American Heroes (featuring the film’s cast)
IGN Action Hero Hall of Fame Award presentation
Thursday, July 12 from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. in Hall H
o Resident Evil: Damnation Worldwide Trailer Premiere, 6-Minute Sneak Peek, and Filmmaker Q&A with Hiroyuki Kobayashi (Japanese producer of the Resident Evil franchise) and Makoto Kamiya (Resident Evil: Damnation director)
Moderated by IGN Movies Editor, Scott Collura
Friday, July 13 from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Room 5AB
o Silent Hill: Revelations 3D — Global Exclusive (featuring Adelaide Clemens, Kit Harington, director Michael J. Bassett, producer Samuel Hadida)
Moderated by IGN’s Entertainment Editorial Director, Chris Carle
Saturday, July 14 from 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. in Hall H
o Tapping into PlayStation History: The Emergence of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
Moderated by IGN PlayStation Executive Editor, Greg Miller
Sunday, July 15 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in Room 25ABC
Follow @IGN on Twitter for exclusive giveaways throughout Comic-Con.