ICONIC FRANCHISE VOLTRON®
TO HOLD ITS FIRST-EVER PANEL PRESENTATION AT COMIC-CON
CARRIE KEAGAN OF VH1, NO GOOD TV & G4 WILL MODERATE THE EVENT WITH PANELISTS FROM THQ, WORLD EVENTS PRODUCTIONS, NICKTOONS, MATTEL AND MORE
WHAT: Voltron®, the franchise that began when the 1980s robot-themed television action series Voltron: Defender of the Universe® launched, will make its first-ever panel presentation at Comic-Con International. The panel will feature all-new and classic Voltron content including original graphic novels, the Voltron video game, Nicktoons’ Voltron Force™ television series, toys and merchandise, as well as exclusive sneak previews, never-before-seen material and big surprises for attendees.
WHO: Carrie Keagan, current host of VH1’s Big Morning Buzz Live, lead anchor on No Good TV and known for her appearances on G4’s Attack of the Show, will moderate the hour-long event, which includes artists, producers and designers from the entire Voltron universe:
· From THQ, Adam Affrunti, producer;
· From World Events Productions, Jeremy Corray, Voltron Force supervising producer, and Todd Garfield, Voltron Force story editor;
· From Nicktoons, Keith Dawkins, senior vice president and general manager of Nicktoons;
· From Mattel, Steed Sun, entertainment brands design director, Michael Montalvo, entertainment brands design manager, and Brandon Sopinsky, entertainment brands designer;
· From Dynamite Entertainment, Joe Rybandt, editor, and Brandon Thomas, Voltron comic book writer;
· From VIZ Media, Traci Todd, senior editor, and Jacob Chabot, cartoonist and illustrator for VIZ Media graphic novels
Panel – Thursday, July 21 from 6p.m. to 7 p.m.
WHERE: Comic-Con International
Indigo Ballroom at the Bayfront Hilton hotel
1 Park Boulevard, San Diego, CA. 92101
VOLTRON SCAVENGER HUNT:
In addition to the panel, Voltron fans can participate in the interactive adventure, “The Hunt to Form Voltron.” The scavenger hunt will take place July 21 to July 23 in the area surrounding the convention center. Participants will play using their smartphones on a mission to find the five Voltron lion standees and their corresponding QR codes. At each standee, players will receive an exclusive button and a chance to win a variety of collectible prizes from THQ, Mattel, WEP, Viz Media and Classic Media including: a 92-inch flat screen Mitsubishi television, an Xbox 360 console, classic Voltron action figures, Voltron retro
t-shirts, DVDs and more.