If you are planning on pre-ordering your Matty toys for pick up at the show or to buy them online afterwards then pay attention below.
Awhile back we told you that thanks to great fan feedback in 2010, we’d once again be holding a voucher pre-sale for products to be picked up at SDCC. Those same products (with a couple of variations) will also be available for sale here on Matty Collector.com on August 1st, just like last year. SDCC is barely a month away and all our ducks are lining up nicely, so here are the details (if you participated in these sales in 2010, they’re set up the exact same way so you already know the drill).
7/11 SDCC VOUCHER PRE-SALE
* Be here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 7/11 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET).
* Choose the items you want and add them to your cart. There’s a purchase limit of 6 per person on all products.
* Your credit card will be charged and a confirmation email (voucher) will be sent.
* Bring your voucher, the credit card you used for the transaction, your identification, and your Comic-Con badge to a pre-determined location at or near SDCC (to be announced).
* Pick up your product between open of show Thursday 7/21 and close of show Saturday 7/23. We’ll email you the location and pick-up times prior to the convention.
* If you’re only attending Comic-Con on Sunday 7/24, this option is not available to you.
* If you don’t pick up your product by the end of the show on Saturday, your product will go into the products available for sale at the show on Sunday. You may be able to purchase it then, but there are no guarantees.
* All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS so be sure you can personally pick up your purchase(s) at SDCC!
* Products cannot be shipped. This option is for pick up at SDCC only, and only available to SDCC attendees (badges will be required).
Like last year, there’s a limited amount of each product available for pre-sale. It’s first-come, first-served and there are no promises you’ll be able to purchase a voucher for every product. But once you’ve got your voucher, you’re guaranteed to get your product – including Swamp Thing with Un-Men!
Here’s what we’ll have available for pre-sale (click here to see images and read the descriptions):
o Ghostbusters™ Stay Puft Marshmallow Man ($70)
o Masters of the Universe® Classics Queen Marlena™ Figure ($25)
o Voltron® Blazing Sword Voltron ($30)
o DC Universe Swamp Thing (plus Un-Men) ($30)
o Young Justice Superboy in Cloning Chamber ($20)
o Hot Wheels® Back to the Future Time Machine Vehicle ($35)
o Hot Wheels® Franken Berry™ Vehicle ($20)
o MOTUC Polly Pocket™ Collection ($20)
o Monster High™ Ghoulia Yelps™ Doll ($20)
o Green Lantern Kilowog ($25)
o Carol Ferris Barbie® Doll ($35)
If you miss this sale or the product you want is sold out for pre-sale, we’ll still have these products available for purchase at SDCC on a first-come, first-served basis.
8/1 POST-SDCC SALE AT MATTYCOLLECTOR.COM
Not going to SDCC? We’ve got you covered! We’ll have limited quantities of your most-wanted products available here at MattyCollector.com on Monday 8/1 at 9 a.m. PT (noon ET). We’re working out the details and will have the final list of products soon but we’ll definitely have everything from MOTUC, Ghostbusters and DCU. Please note that Swamp Thing won’t have the Un-Men and Queen Marlena will be packed as Captain Glenn™ Heroic Galactic Adventurer™, but she’ll still have all the accessories you need to transform her into Marlena.
That’s everything for now! As far as reminders go, I send emails so click here to register and I’ll send them your way. You can also find reminders on Facebook, Twitter, and in our Fan Forums.
Just my two cents, but I heard that the line to pick up figures at the Marriott next door that were pre-ordered was just as long as trying to go to the booth and getting them there. I missed out on the pre-order last year because all of the items that I added to my cart got sold out while I was in the middle of check-out. I am not partaking in the exclusives from Mattel this year but I will still watch closely to see if they have a better experience for customers/fans this year.