For as long as I can remember, I’ve been obsessed with packing suitcases. My suitcase was ready weeks in advance, forcing me to live out of it while still at home in some cases. I consider myself a founder of the stay-cation movement, only instead of staying close to home, I just stayed home and lived out of a suitcase.
Over the years, and after many trials and tribulations, I have finally started making a packing list before I travel.
Sure you can just tell yourself, “whatever I forget, I can buy there” but do you really want to spend your convention money on a $5.00 deodorant when you have plenty at home? Do you really want to be scrambling to pack hours before your flight leaves when you still have buttons to sew onto your steampunk hero costume? Of course not!
Take a moment to browse this handy-dandy list, full of things you will not want to forget and add them to your own packing list!
- Camera/cord/charger/memory card/film
- Hand-held Entertainment/cords
- Pain Reliever
- Pepto / Tums/ Tummy Trouble relief
- Hair / Skin care of choice
- Ear plugs
- Hand sanitizer
- Sanitary items
- Condoms J
- Sunglasses / extra eyeglasses
- Small First Aid Kit w/ Band-Aids
- Wet Wipes
- Small packs of Kleenexes
- At least one “nice” outfit, for dining out or after-hours events
- An extra pair of shoes (even your favorites need a break after 8 hours!)
- A small purse or wristlet
- Extra socks, a fresh pair is great after a long day
- Swim Suit/Cover up (if your hotel offers a pool)
- A light jacket or sweater for the evenings
Mailing / Packaging Supplies
- Boxes/Labels for mailing items back
- Packaging tape
- New Sharpies
- Sheet protectors
- A large envelope for transporting art and other flat items
- A small poster tube for rolled items
- Rubber bands
- Cash/Debit/Credit Cards
- ID / Drivers license
- MORE Cash!
- Gum / Mints
- SDCC Pass confirmation
- Hotel / car rental / flight documents
- Documents for any off-site events
- Documents for any pre-ordered merchandise
- Business cards
- Any books, photos or other items you might want autographed
- Extra plastic bag (for dirty clothes, shoes, etc.)
- An extra, foldable tote bag
- Wine opener
- Thermos / Refillable water bottle
What else are you adding to your packing list?